Kindness is a fruit of the spirit, and a blessing within itself. Showing others kindness (the love of God) is important, but in doing so, we may often neglect showing ourselves a little kindness, which, believe it or not, is just as important.
Life has it’s own trials and tribulations, but I think that we can easily forget that those tribulations can be a result of us mistreating ourselves.
Here is a list on How to Be Kinder to Yourself ! 🌻
- Block out self-talk that puts you down – Our feelings about ourselves can often be caused by what we think in our minds. Replace all negative self-talk with positive statements.
- Forgive yourself – You and me are imperfect, and no matter how hard we may try, we will always be. Therefore, if you do something invalid, forgive yourself, and try your best to do better in the future.
- Don’t develop grudges – All grudges do is keep your mind focused on one specific event, person, or experience. We must learn to forgive others, not for them, but for us, and move on.
- Take healthy risks – Sometimes, there are things that God wants us to do, but we let our fear hold us back. It is a good thing to take healthy risks, even if they scare us, sometimes.
- Be thankful for another day – Learning to be thankful for the large and little things in life can help boost our mood, and teaches us how to be humble, as the Lord intends.
- Embrace your differences – It’s natural to want to fit in with the crowd. However, it’s so much better to embrace who you are, and be yourself.
- Learn to be ‘OK’ with having a small amount of friends – Although it can be tough to accept, everyone is not a true friend. Therefore, it’s important that we learn to appreciate the one or two true friends that we do have.
- Encourage yourself – In all things that we do, we must speak life. Tell yourself positive things that encourage you to keep moving forward with faithful steps.
- Help others – Giving and helping others is being kind to yourself, as it is treating people how you would like to be treated.
- Don’t be afraid to laugh – Laughing truly is one of the greatest medicines there is. So every day, take a few minutes to laugh out loud to put an extra pep in your step.
Here are some examples of positive things that we can say to ourselves to increase positive self-talk.
- “I am a winner, not a loser.”
- “I am perfectly and wonderfully made.”
- “I am worthy of love.”
- “I don’t know everything, but that’s okay.”
- “I am a blessing from God.”
I hope you all enjoyed this list on “How to Be More Kind to Yourself.” Being kind to others is important, but never forget that we all need a little bit of kindness.
Have a beautiful day! Remember to show yourself some love! 🌻