When is the last time you asked yourself, “How am I doing?”
Read that again.
Usually, people will wait for someone else to ask them that question: “How are you doing?” But every now and again, we need to repeat those exact words to ourselves. Think about it like this: even if someone did ask you that question, how would you know how to honestly answer if you’ve never thought about it, yourself?
Quick yet thoughtful self-checks like this can help you maintain a positive mindset, as well as acknowledge your emotions and need for some extra love and support, if this is the case.
Even though life has its ups and downs, it is more than possible (and fun) to take care of yourself and keep your mentality in a good place.
One of the things that you can do to achieve this is be honest with yourself about what you are feeling. As long as you continue to be proactive, your mind, body, and spirit will thank you.
Just in case you want some extra assistance on how to maintain a productive healthy mentality, here are some tips:
- Learn to value yourself and the things that make you unique.
- Surround yourself with people who truly love and respect you for who you are.
- Study the Bible, and gain wisdom from other’s experiences.
- Make sure your diet includes protein, vitamins, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Avoid trying to fill a void with things that aren’t good for your health.
- Get plenty of sleep (at least 8 hours per day.)
Practicing good mental health is a wonderful form of self care, and not as complicated as some may think. For the most part, all you have to do is practice good habits (self love, healthy diet, good influences, etc.) and your mental health is set up for success!
Have a happy day, everyone! ✨