Everybody needs some positive motivation here and there. When we are motivated, we are driven to create and reach our goals with both engagement and tremendous effort. If motivation wasn’t a thing, how would we get things done? Specifically the things that we don’t always want to do.
Motivation is inevitable. It can come from just about anyone, anything, and anywhere. It could be a well deserved pat on the back or a kiss on the cheek. We can even give ourselves a dose of motivation. Particularly with a tool that I like to call positive affirmation.
I’ve been trying to personalize my workspace, a bit more, so I decided to print some motivational quotes that I can read to myself everyday. Although I just put it up on my bulletin board (after customizing it to add some personal touches) it definitely helps me start my morning off to a great start.
If you have a good support system, then that is a wonderful thing. However, motivational words can’t always really sink in unless you believe them, yourself. You have to have faith, too. This is exactly where the positive affirmation, or positive self-talk, comes in.
Some ways to practice positive affirmation include:
- Putting up positive messages around your workspace or room.
- Repeating uplifting sentences when you are getting ready for the day. The more you say it, the more you can start to believe it, increasing your self confidence.
- Using sentences that start with “I am” or “I can” followed by a positive trait about yourself or a personal goal.
- Remain optimistic, even through possible bumps in the road.
- Put in your best effort to reach your goals. Believe that you can reach them.
Using positive affirmation in your daily life may take some time. And when you’ve mastered it, there’s no going back! Just remember that whatever you set your mind to, even if it seems impossible at times, with your best effort and just a little faith, you can surely succeed. You just have to believe it.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.