Mental health is more then just our emotions. It is also how we view the world around us, how we think, how we feel, and it can even have an effect on the decisions we make. No matter what your age, it is important that we have a stable mental wellness that allows us to remain flexible, positive, and productive in all of the many different stages of our lives.
Let’s take a look at 10 simple and easy mental health tips to help YOU remain completely stress-free and blessed abundantly.✨
- Journal about how you are feeling and what you are thankful for. Although it may be hard for some people who are struggling to focus on the positive, it can really help to write about the things in your life that you are thankful for. Additionally, write in a personal journal what emotions you are feeling or have felt throughout the day. This exercise can help you get more in-tune with your emotions and what exactly is happening in your life.
- Distance yourself from harmful influences. One of the major keys of having good mental health is a great support system. Not only does this mean that we should surround ourselves with people who can and will support us to do better, but we may also need to distance ourselves from negative influences. Keep in mind that this doesn’t mean that some relationships need to stop forever–give yourself and the other person a break if you need it. Just remember that who you spend your time with can reflect on you and your choices. We should surround ourselves with good company.
- Pray about it. Sure. It may sound a bit cliché. But that doesn’t take away from its truth. Prayer is powerful, and sometimes it could be something that we are doing subconsciously that could be having an effect on our mental health. It’s always a wonderful idea to ask God for help and what we need to do or stop doing. At times, we may need God to save us from ourselves.
- Don’t bail on your beauty sleep. Seriously, sleep is very important. And not only to keep our bodies happy and healthy, but our minds as well. I would recommend creating a schedule for your week; one that will give you plenty of time to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Sleeping helps us rest our minds and bodies, helping us to wake up ready to start the day off great.
- Practice effective communication. Sharing our feelings and what we could be going through with a confidant (the best range is probably 1 or 2) can usually help improve our mental health for the better. It can feel good to know that someone who you trust knows what you are experiencing and is there for you every step of the way. We’re humans; we can’t read minds. Therefore, making those that we love the most know how we are doing and feeling can help us feel heard and acknowledged.
- Spend your time doing things you love. Hobbies are the things that we love to do. Therefore, chances are if you are enjoying a fun leisure activity of yours, it is sure to give your mind a great big boost of happiness. Of course, school is school, and we have duties in which we still need to fufil. However, after school is out, and you’ve done your homework, spend time with the people and doing the things that you enjoy the most. You can’t be sad when you’re doing some of your favorite things.
- Remain present, even while planning for the future. If we want to continue to improve and keep a healthy mindset, we must learn to grow from the past and use the lessons of life in the present as well as our plans for the future. We must look forward as each day goes by, and continue to live life in a way that is productive and optimistic.
- Ask for help when you need it. This very much ties in with the communication point, but this one goes more in-depth. There are times where we just can’t fight our battles alone. Sometimes, we must humble ourselves and ask for help from those who we love and trust. That person (or people) can be God and a family member or friend. Whoever you trust and can depend on is the perfect person to ask for help. If you can’t do it alone, why not do it with someone you love?
- Create positive coping mechanisms. The truth is, life has its joys and trials. Some days might be better than others. It isn’t what mountains stand in our path that is the question–everyone has or has had an obstacle or two. The true question is will we climb the mountain or try to walk around it? Instead of trying to run away from and avoid the obstacles through harmful or destructive methods, we need to find positive ways to face the problem, get to the root of it, and eventually solve it. Learning how to cope positively can make for a better look on life and a happier mentality, overall.
- Do your best to reach your goals. When we give ourselves a goal, we are providing ourselves with a sense of responsibility and purpose–something that we can work for in order to get the great results that we want to see, when our work is done. Knowing that we’ve did our best in everything that we do–despite the possible obstacles–is an accomplishment, within itself.
So, I’ll be honest–this was a pretty long post. Well, for my blog, anyway LOL. But long isn’t always a bad thing. Mental health is one of the topics that I enjoy discussing, the most. Although it is getting more acknowledged, these days, we should still be proactive in making sure that we remain in good spirits. If you have a healthy mentality, chances are that positivity will soon have an effect on our bodies and spirits, as well.
With a good mindset, especially the same mindset as Jesus Christ, we are automatically set for success.
Have a beautiful and blessed day everyone! Please don’t forget to like this post and follow my blog for more. Peace in! ✨