1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV (New International Version)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. …
If you’ve ever wondered what true love is, then this scripture sums it up completely. God is love, and He showed us how much He loves us when He sent His only Son to die for us and give us eternal life, so long as we confess with our mouth that He is God and believe in our hearts that He died for us and rose 3 days later. (Romans 10:9)
As followers of Jesus Christ, it is important that we continue to be evangelists for God by spreading His love. There are many different ways to spread God’s love to others. Whether you do something for a specific person, or a simple act towards a complete stranger, spreading the love of God is always a blessing that we should act upon in our everyday lives.
Here are a few simple ways to spread the Love of God:
- Be proactive in loving like God — If you ever have trouble with this one, please write down the scripture at the top of this post. We are told to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. (Leviticus 19:18)
- Do simple acts of kindness — The Love of God can be shown in many ways. Sometimes, all it takes is a little kindness.
- Learn to forgive others — Forgiveness does not have to be for the other person. Nor does the person who hurt you have to remain in your life. When we forgive, we are making sure that we are right with God and that we maintain a spirit of love and a pure heart.
- Be a cheerful giver — This one sort of speaks for itself. The Bible says that to be a cheerful giver, we must “sow bountifully” if we want to “receive bountifully.” In other words, we need to be willing to give freely and without hesitation in order for God to bless us abundantly. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
- Pray for people — This can be tough, sometimes. Particularly when it comes to praying for your enemies. But the Bible says to love your neighbors and your enemies. (Matthew 5:43-48) Sometimes praying for people means asking God to help someone that you hold close to your heart (family, friends, etc.) Other times, it can mean that you are asking God to teach us how to forgive, and to help our enemies to see His glory.
Words of Wisdom is probably one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) series on my blog, and I hope you enjoyed this new episode. Thank you so much for reading about sprinkling love.
Please like this post, and follow me if you haven’t already, for more daily content!
Have a fantastic rest of your day, everybody! And always remember that God is love.
2 thoughts on “Wherever You Go, Sprinkle Love – Words of Wisdom #10”
Love your Words of Wisdom posts – acts of kindness are the best!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much, Zainab! Sprinkling love and kindness wherever we go is surely a blessing from God! 🌹💖🌹
LikeLiked by 2 people