Happy Friday, y’all! Woah, has this week went by fast? I’ll answer my own question: yep. Although many of us are about to go back to school–or just beginning school–that doesn’t mean that we have to throw in the towel with having summer fun just yet.
To make this summer break even more memorable, it’s important that we take the last few days and weeks before school begins and check off a few last-minute additions to our bucket lists. As some creative inspiration for things that you can do to kick-off the beginning of a new school year–and the climax of summer–I’ve provided 30 activities to give you a head-start! Let’s go!
1. Watch a highly anticipated movie at a theatre with your family (Minions: The Rise of Gru, D.C. League of Super Pets, The Bad Guys, Lightyear, etc.)
2. Make one last stop to the beach
3. Go on a road trip to a new place.
4. Make a movie with your friends.
5. Visit a waterpark.
6. Do some back-to-school-shopping at your local mall (clothes, school supplies, etc.)
7. Go fishing.
8. Have a lemonade stand in your neighborhood.
9. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
10. Complete your summer reading with a book that you did not finish.
11. Create a wrap-up of your summer in doodles.
12. Unplug for a day and go outside.
13. Go to an ice cream shop that you’ve never visited.
14. Go to a drive-in movie with family.
15. Challenge yourself and a friend to make a tower with pencils: see who can stack theirs the highest.
16. Draw chalk-art on the sidewalk.
17. Team up with your siblings or best friends and cook a meal for your parents.
18. Bake a cake. Then, try to decorate it while blindfolded. (P.S. have some paper towels on hand! ;))
19. Attempt to break a (safe) Guinness World Record–with permission from a parent and/or guardian, of course.
20. Visit a National Park.
21. Read the Bible to get rid of back-to-school jitters.
22. Try listening to a new genre of music.
23. Go camping in your backyard.
24. Watch the sun rise and set. And don’t forget the photos!
25. Start a prank war with your family or friends.
26. Go mini-golfing on a sunny day.
27. Enjoy your last all-nighter of your summer break by throwing a sleepover.
28. Visit a science or kids’ museum.
29. Enjoy a family game night with your favorite board games.
30. Plan a scavenger hunt for your family and friends.
We tend to have a long list of things that we want to do when summer begins. And even though the time flies by, doing fun things like this is the perfect way to recharge and relax before a brand new school year! Remember, summer isn’t over yet–let’s make the most of it!
What are some things that you plan to do before back-to-school? Also, what are your thoughts on your next year of school? Feel free to share your response down below in the comments.
Have a beautiful and blessed day, everyone! God bless you all, and I’ll catch you later! Peace in! ♡