Isn’t it so exciting to receive Christmas cards from your family and friends? To think that they took the time to write us a card and wish us a Merry Christmas is a gift within itself. Sending a small card can spread a lot of joy, and we often find ourselves doing so when winter comes around.
When we think about what we want to write on our Christmas cards, we might want something witty, funny, or heartfelt that will leave a memorable impression on our loved ones. But, the words don’t always flow together.
Here’s a list of some messages that you can incorporate in your Christmas cards to help make your loved ones’ Christmas merry! 🌟
Make a Funny, or Corny Joke/Pun
Laughter is one of the greatest medicines. If you want to make your loved one chuckle, especially if they’ve been down in the dumps, write a corny or funny joke inside your Christmas card to put a smile on their face. Depending on the joke that you choose, they could either laugh out loud or facepalm with embarrassment. But it’s the thought that counts, right?
1. What do you call a laughing Christmas cookie? A snickerdoodle.
2. I’m s-mitten with you.
3. I went outside with a T-shirt and denim shorts. When my friend told me it was too cold, I replied, “I don’t snow what you’re talking about!”
Speak from the Heart
If you can’t think of anything super witty, just say something from your heart. Inside of your card, tell your family member or friend how much you appreciate them, or what you love most about them. A simple note to tell them that you love them will likely be greatly cherished.
4. Thanks for sticking by my side when things got tough, this year. Have a Merry Christmas!
5. You light up my life like Christmas lights do a house.
6. I hope that this Christmas season brings happiness, love, joy, and peace to your home.
Spread the Love of God with a Religious Message
Chances are, if you do practice a religion, some of your close loved ones do, as well. We can all use a reminder of the true reason for the season. Spreading the love of God is a blessing that should be shared!
7. May Christ be with you during this wonderful Christmas season.
8. I pray that you and your family are blessed with peaceful spirits as you come together to celebrate the greatest gift of all: God’s love.
9. Let’s rejoice, for the birth of Jesus has saved us all!
Aim to Inspire
While for a lot of people, Christmas is a happy time of year, it can be very emotionally challenging, for others. If you know someone who is going through the blues, write something that will inspire them, and put a little hope in their hearts.
10. Every struggle is just a tunnel. Some are longer than others, but there is always a light at the end.
11. Seasons pass. We usually like some more than others. But if we are strong enough to endure our seasons, we will see how they have made us stronger.
12. Perfect is underrated, but self confidence is always in style!
Keep It Classy
Maybe you want to give a Christmas card to someone who you don’t know very well. It might be a co-worker or other acquaintance who you see from time to time. In these cases, you might just want a simple, yet sweet message to wish them a Merry Christmas.
13. May your Christmas be merry and bright!
14. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
15. Our family wishes you love, joy and peace … today, tomorrow and always,
16. I hope that you and your family witness many miracles and continue moving forward with hope this Christmas season.
I had a lot of fun sharing some ideas on what you can write in your Christmas cards this year! Remember that the message doesn’t have to be super long or extravagant. The simple fact that you took the time to send someone a Christmas card is what counts, and I’m sure it will be greatly appreciated!
Have a blessed day, everyone! Remember that God is good all the time! 🌟