Hey, y’all! How are you doing? Wonderful, I hope!
In several of my past posts, I have spoken quite frequently about the subject of faith. When we have faith, we are able to have the willpower to push through all of the trials of life due to our trust in the Lord. It is God’s desire to help us grow our faith in Him. But the question is, how exactly do we do that? I’ve got the perfect points for how you can make your faith stronger. Let’s get started!
1. Study; Read the Bible daily. Keep in mind that studying the Bible doesn’t have to take several hours every day. While some study sessions can be this length, it is perfectly fine to spend some or most of your days with 15-45 minute Bible sessions as you focus on 1-3 chapters at a time. The most important part of studying the Word of God is that you are able to gain wisdom and get closer to God in the process.
2. Fellowship; surround yourself with other people of faith. A big part of being a Christian is making sure that the people who we spend our time with reflect our faith. Therefore, when you attend church and other events within your community, make sure that you interact with other believers. Fellowship offers an opportunity for us to be inspired and give inspiration to and from other followers of Christ. Therefore, it serves as a great way to strengthen your faith.
3. Pray; make an effort to build your relationship with God. If you have the desire to grow in faith, then a good idea is to simply let God know what you want through prayer. Make sure that while you pray, you thank Him for what He has and is blessing you with. Then, ask Him to strengthen your faith and to give you a fresh love for Him, so that you may want to spend more and more time in His presence. From the wise words of James 4:2, we do not have because we do not ask God.
4. Forgive; learn how to forgive those who have sinned against you. The truth is we all want to be forgiven, for we have all sinned. Therefore, if we are loved enough so that we can be forgiven for our sins, we can forgive our enemies for their wrong doings. Although it is not easy, forgiving others helps us see God’s grace towards us, regardless of our shortcomings of His glory. Like the truth, forgiveness will set you free.
5. Give; take advantage of opportunities to give to others. In order to deepen our faith as evangelists of Christ, it’s always a blessing to be able to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We should always be on the look out for people to be a blessing to. God himself adores those who give out of the love of their heart.
6. Application; strive to live your life according to the Word of God. Trust me, I know that this step can be a lot easier said than done. However, it is crucially important that not only do we take the time to meditate on the Word of God, but also put God’s instructions for us into practice during everyday life. The reason why God gives us wisdom is so that we may use it for His glory.
7. Fulfillment; practice being content. While it can be tempting to focus on what we want and don’t have, it is important that we show God that we are thankful for the blessings that He has already bestowed upon us. When we are able to see the blessings in any situation, we begin to have a happier, healthier, and renewed way of life. A substantial quality of faith is trusting that despite the fact that everything isn’t going the way we envisioned, God is good to us, and He has a plan for us that will be greater than what we are capable of imagining.
I thoroughly had a great time sharing these tips for how we can grow in our faith. Just remember that as followers of Jesus Christ, we should put in the effort to do better and be better every day. Although we won’t be perfect, there is nothing that we cannot do when God is on our side. All we need is a mustard seed of faith.
Have a beautiful and blessed day, y’all! Peace in! 💖