What’s up, peeps? As you know, we are still in the beginning of May, which I find to be one of the most beautiful times of year. We are in the golden days of the season of spring, and for some reason that makes me want to get out of the house a little and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Just in case you are also wondering what you can do to enjoy the wonderful month of May–before spring comes to an end–here is a list full of simple yet rewarding things to do. Enjoy!
1. Go bird watching. Spring is such a colorful and joyful time of year. Nature is in its prime, so watching little birds fly across the sky as you hear them sing their fluttery songs is a great way to take advantage of the bliss of the season.
2. Have a picnic on a sunny afternoon. Nothing compares to a nice family barbecue or brunch on a weekend in the spring. Eating outside is best experience when the weather is sunny and bright.
3. Take a trip to the zoo. There’s something about May that makes little family trips out of the house so much more fun. A trip to the zoo can give you an opportunity to be outside while learning more about wildlife.
4. Start gardening or plant a tree. At this time of year, plants are blooming all around us, and the colors of mother nature are present everywhere we turn. If there’s anytime to find your green thumb, it’s springtime!
5. Take a nature hike. When you have free time on your hands, it can be extremely relaxing to step outside and take a look at the true beauty of nature. You could even take a few photos along the way.
6. Read outside. What I love most about reading is that you can do it any time and any where. Outside during the spring make for a great time and place.
7. Host a family game night. On a rainy day, you might have to improvise and find fun things to do inside. If and when this scenario happens, a few rounds of Monopoly, Uno, or Twister are sure to pass the time.
8. Ride your bike around a local park. May is a wonderful chance to go outdoors and stretch in the beauty of nature. Why not get some exercise as you look at all spring has to offer?
Related Post You Might Like: Seasons Change
9. Do some spring cleaning. Although cleaning might not seem like a fun thing to do, dancing around your house as you listen to some upbeat music while you clean sweetens the deal.
10. Go bowling or golfing with your family. To be honest, every season of the year is a great time to bowl or golf with the ones you love. But in the spring, we are motivated to go out and have some fun. Bowling and golfing are both wonderful picks!
11. Practice good mental health in celebration of Mental Health Awareness Week (May 9-16). Mental health is an extremely important part of self care. That being said, this week is catered to spreading awareness about the importance of how we are doing mentally. Take some extra time this month to take care of yourself.
12. Visit an aquarium. So maybe you aren’t so keen on going to the zoo. Well, the next best thing is an aquarium. Although the main part of spring is the nature on land, taking a chance to see some beautiful marine life can still be a great experience this May.
13. Write with chalk on your driveway. This is a really good option for those of you who want to do things close to home. Playing hopscotch or simply doodling on the sidewalk can add some early childhood nostalgia to your spring.
14. Listen to classical music. While there are many music genres that are great for relaxation, classical music just gives me a spring-y vibe with it’s energetic and playful beats. I find it the perfect type of music to add to your May playlist.
15. Go to an amusement park that you’ve never been to. Amusement parks seem to be more fun around the spring and summer. And while any amusement park will do, it’s might be a good idea to spice things up a bit by visiting one that you’ve never visited, before.
This list was a lot of fun to write; it’s one of those posts that not only give you guys some creative ideas, but me as well. I think that if there’s any time to get out and about, it’s the spring, which may be my favorite season.
Hopefully, now you have some ideas for how you can make the most of May, while its still here for us to enjoy.
LET’S CHAT~ What is your favorite season? Why do you like it the most?
Have a beautiful and blessed day, everybody! God bless you all! ✨