10 Bible Verses about Thanksgiving
Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! I know that I recently wrote a post about the importance of giving thanks, but I just can’t help myself! When the holidays come around, I’m in festive spirits for a long time! As the clock is ticking closer toward Thanksgiving, I wanted to make at least one more post before that time of year arrives!
So, here we go! Here are 10 Bible Verses about Thanksgiving (Giving Thanks) ! 🍂
P.S. All of the scriptures will be in NIV (New International Version), since I feel as though this version of the Bible is the easiest to read. Enjoy! 🙂
- “We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.” 2 Thessalonians 1:3
- “From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained.” Jeremiah 30:19
- “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:15-16
- I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 1 Corinthians 1:4-5
- “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.” 1 Timothy 4:4-5
- “What shall I return to the Lord for all his goodness to me?” Psalm 116:12
- always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalms 28:7
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2
Hopefully, these Bible Verses put more gratitude in your spirit! If nothing else, be grateful. There’s always something to be thankful for. And a lot of times, it’s right under our noses!
We just have to take off the blinders.